Rules & Policies for DTE Energy Music Theatre
The following items may be brought into DTE Energy Music Theatre: (There may be exceptions for select shows. Call 248-377-0100 for details)
- Picnic baskets with food in non-glass containers
- Coolers (small) – (includes food only, no beverages)
- Beach and sand chairs (12” max. from ground to front of seat bottom)
- Blankets, sleeping bags and tarps
- Umbrellas (patio/beach umbrellas that stick into the ground are prohibited)
- Seeing Eye dogs
In the interest of our guests’ safety, the following items may not be brought into DTE Energy Music Theatre:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Long-legged lawn chairs
- Bottles, cans or any liquid containers of any kind including water and pop (juice boxes may be allowed for children’s shows)
- Glass containers of any kind (including condiments)
- Patrons without shoes or shirts are not permitted to enter
- Video and sound recording devices
- Aerosol Cans
- Backpacks (drawstring bags are allowed)
The camera policy varies from show to show. DTE Energy Music Theatre does not have a policy prohibiting cameras; however, many artists do. When an artist requests a 'no camera' policy, it will be adhered to by our staff. Call 248-377-0100 on the day of the show to check the artist's policy.
Parking Lot Policy
- Admission to parking lot is pre-paid with $3 per ticket fee.
- There will be a $5 per ticket fee for MyCompanyOffer and voucher redemption.
- The parking lot opens at 4:30 PM for most evening shows.
- The parking lot will open 2 hours prior to the show start for all matinees.
- Guests are allowed to tailgate/picnic before events.
- Designated specific drop-off/pick-up area for guests in Parents Park between Main East and West gates.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the parking lot due to local township ordinances.
In observance of the “no smoking” law which went into effect May 1, 2010, guests, employees and visitors are required to comply with the new Michigan law. It is illegal to smoke or use tobacco products in the following areas: pavilion, restrooms, Ivy Lounge, Hilltop Deck, Sunset Deck, and any and all indoor areas.